Saturday, December 3, 2016

You Are Here

Today marks 3 months since I moved into my dorm here at Southeastern University. I swear I blinked and woke up 12 weeks later. HOW?! Monday will start my final week of classes and then the week after I have a few finals and then it's back home.



Since being here I have only gone to the beach twice (I'm planning on going again tomorrow!!!!), joined Enactus, will have my first "gig" in monttthhssss this Thursday, gotten an A on a math test (wow miracles def still do happen ppl!!!), met wonderful people, experienced so so so much joy, definitely also experienced sadness, and while I haven't grown in height, I've made up for it in heart.

I've cried more tears than I care to admit (both joyous and sorrowful). I've faced encouragement and discouragement. I've learned to get up and keep going. I've learned that it's okay to have a different direction sometimes.

I can say with 100% certainty that no season in my life has looked exactly the same. Though it's not what I expected, I'm excited for what's happening in my present and I look forward to the future.

Sometimes I wonder how I got here; how I got to this point. BUT HERE I AM. I AM HERE!

Despite the stress, despite the fears, despite life situations, despite ALL ODDS...You are "here" too. Take a few moments to stop and breathe in. Take a few moments to remember everything you've faced to get to this point. Your life is beautiful because you've made it this far!

Thanks for praying for me, believing in me, and listening to me. I appreciate you! Get ready for some more sappy blog posts this month. I turn twenty in fifteen days and the new year is rapidly approaching! We have a lot to catch up on and discuss.

XO,
Lily

"...Yes, keep waiting—
For He will never disappoint you!" Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Popular Posts