Saturday, December 17, 2016

20 things in 20 years

Today (12/18) I turn 20. That's 20 years in which I learned some good life lessons and that I thought would be cool to share. Thanks for being a part of my journey and supporting my big dreams.

Jesus is good, even when we are not. You're never too lost or too far from His arms for Him to love you and care for you. God's mercies are new every morning! // "for ‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are indeed his offspring.’" Acts 17:28

Family is #1 (even when they're annooyyingggggg). They're always there for you and you should be there for them. We mess up, we get hurt, but we get up, we hug, and we love unconditionally.



It's okay to not be okay. It's okay to cry and need a hug.

Failure is not trying. I don't succeed at everything and that's okay (see point 3)! Imagine if none of us tried doing anything new...we wouldn't be where we are today. Even if you mess up something really badly the first time, it's toally fine! I used to cry all the time during my first few performances. smh.
lol tbt to my clown days with my partner in crime!
I used to make Ana sing with me at every single event! I was so scared to do things alone.
A photo from the second year I did a local singing competition! I finally made it to the second round. I didn't make it to the third, but it's okay because that's when I realized God still has awesome plans for my life no matter what happens:)



There are many first and lasts. Because they can be exciting and bittersweet times it may be easy to forget about those in between times, but they are usually the most vital.
My first album!! eep!


Keep going. Momentum can be extremely hard to find, but once you have it, keep going. You've got to start somewhere, right?

Do life with people. Get some friends that you have nothing in common with (this makes for great discussions!). Find new friends at concerts. Get some friends that'll go eat pizza with you. Get friends that'll show up to your shows and be supportive! Keep in touch with those friends that you know will always be there. And if you have a sister, borrow her makeup :P Trust me, I get that sometimes people can/will hurt you, but you can't always live with those walls up. Also, if you're going to hire your friends for something, DO IT because you're supporting their business!!! Just make sure you write up a contract.

Dogs are actually so sweet. I like them a little bit.

Work hard. Play Hard. Know your value and your worth! Ask for that raise, take leadership roles, and be a team player. You already have the no so go for the yes. Your excellence and talents will shine through - your gifts will open doors for you. "Success is when preparation and opportunity come together."


Wear comfortable clothes and don't be afraid to get a different size. Literally size is but a number. Unfortunately every brand has a different way of making their clothing. This includes shoes! Uncomfortable shoes are the w o r s t. w o r s t. w o r s t.

Wear that sparkly glitter eyeshadow. Do it.

Quiet time is important. Take time for yourself. Breathe in four seconds..breathe out four seconds.

Adventure is different for everyone. Your idea of adventure/thrill could be completely different from mine, your family's, and your friend's! This past year I got to go to Puerto Rico and I went to the end of a pier with snorkeling gear and jumped off! I got to swim with the prettiest little fish and so surreal. 

God always answers prayers. It may be with a yes! It may be not be until later! He may not give you exactly what you asked for, but that's because He has something better. His plan is always better!

It's okay to say, "No." You don't have to go to every function, party, or whatever.

It's okay to say, "Yes" even when you're unsure about something. Try something new!

Picking up a new hobby can be fun
, even if you're not good at it. I used to be so terrible at art. No lie..it was bad. But I keep trying! I'm really into watercoloring now, and even though not every single piece is "good", I have fun! I do it on the airport floor, I do it at my kitchen table, I do it at my local cupcake shop, and I do it ponds in parks.
Made this when I was like...14...lololololoool

Some people come into your life for only a season. It can be sad when they leave, but even bad friendships can propel you forward. The people that leave because they're moving or you moved...yeah they're still good people.


We have the power to impact our community. You may feel like your voice is lost or unimportant during general elections, but you can most definitely be heard in your local community. Email your senators, email your legislators, email your governor! / Realize that there are little people looking up to you. It's our job to be good role models and set the standard high. / Volunteer. Use your time and talents to serve others.


Love fully.


Here's to 20 years of life! Thanks for celebrating with me!

xoxo,
Lily
P.S.
Here are some scriptures that convey how I feel about life :) 

“And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.” ‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:14-15‬ ‭ESV‬‬ Draw near to the throne of grace with confidence today (Hebrews 4:16) "...Yes, keep waiting— For He will never disappoint you!" - Psalm 27:14, Passion Translation "And He [God] is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” ‭Colossians 1:17 ESV‬

“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9:1‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” ‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:20-21‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.” ‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:20-21‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:3-4‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.” ‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭ESV

No comments:

Popular Posts