Sunday, April 2, 2017

fixer upper: the heart edition

I like old houses.

There's something comforting about a place that isn't perfect.

photo from my trip to Puerto Rico back in March!!

When I get to buy my first home, I kinda want a fixer upper like the ones Chip and Joanna Gaines do. Except I want to be a part of the fixing process. What I love about shows like that is they take you step by step. They show you what's wrong and how to make it right. They finish fixing the house, but it'll truly never be done because then that place becomes a home. But one of the most beautiful parts, to me, is the very beginning stage.

When you first get the fixer upper, you have to have a vision. You have to make blueprints. And sometimes things don't work out to the tee and you have to shift the plans around. All of this requires an extreme amount of patience because of all the time it takes.

You can't lose sight of the vision though, even if some things have to get moved around (for the benefit of the house).

Even though the house is in need of repair, it is still beautiful because of all the potential it holds.

Hopefully you catch my drift as to how this applies to our lives.

Because even though you may be in need of repair, you are still beautiful.
Don't forget your why, even if it looks a little different than you initially thought it would.

xo,
Lily

No comments:

Popular Posts